"Les nostres decisions ens defineixen?"

Do our decisions define us? In our everyday, we, as human beings, are constantly making decisions about what we are about to do next. These decisions can be more or less significant: we might have thought about them for a long time or we just make them involuntarily. But the question is: how do these actions affect my environment? Who am I thinking of when making these decisions. At this point, you must be wondering... "what does the picture have to do with the tittle?". Well, this picture shows a pair of benches in one of the most concurrent streets in Barcelona, "La Diagonal". They are banned due to the pandemic: in order to avoid physical contact, people can't sit on them. When I saw them, I said to myself: "but what if I had spread my ankle" or "but what if I had gone on a really long run and I desperatelly needed a break?". These may sound vain or insignificant, but the fact of questioning to myself these questions, led me to a deeper one: "How are we supposed to know wether we are doing the right thing or not". "In the case of really needing to sit on the bench, what should I do? Avoid sitting on it to help society stop the spread of the virus? Or to put myself first, and sit on the bench? Being conscious of the consequences that may be casued afterwards because of my actions?" "Who should I be giving priority to? People who I don't even know, or me? Am I being a good or a bad person?" As I said before, this example that has little importance, and obviously it would depend on the gravity of the situation, but what if we applied this at a major scale situation? In order to help us find answers, there's a branche of philosophy that studies the right and wrong of human action: "Ethics". This philosophical area could guide us when finding solutions to: "What is right and what is wrong?". But even having resources and help, would we be completelly able to find a clear answer? I deeply doubt it. I personally consider that as humans, eventhough we might seem super sure of having done the right thing, there will always be a side of ourselves that will keep telling us the opposite, therefore, we won't ever be 100% sure of having taken the correct option. Clara Hierro

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

Leonor Massot 1batxA

Existeix la relació entre la bellesa y els colors?